Cloth Nappy Help - Where do I start?
Cloth nappies can be very overwhelming.
There are many choices out there, plenty of acronyms, different brands, different products names. Where should you start?
To get a quick look at our nappies and how they work, check out this useful video. Seeing them in action makes it a lot easier to understand.
We get lots of questions about our different modern cloth nappy options at Baby Bare. This is a thorough guide to the differences, similarities, pros and cons of each cloth nappy.
- This style snaps across the front with 3 waist snaps. The rise can be adjusted to make the nappy smaller on younger babies.
- Come as an option of being all one piece (absorbency is sewn in) or all in two (where absorbency snaps in and out).
- The AI2 can be used as a pocket nappy, or boosting can be placed in the pocket.
- This nappy comes in both PUL and Minky Versions.
- Snaps to the sides with 5 different size settings. Legs and waist can be adjusted to different settings.
- Trickier then the Bare Cub to get used to the snapping at the side.
- One insert for absorbency makes this nappy super easy to snap together, but gives less options for removing un-needed layers.
- Tummy elastic to help reduce any gaping at the tummy
|You can see there are no front tabs or visible snaps on the front of the nappy.|
|Bare Cub AIO||Bare Cub AI2||Teddy Bare||Honey Pot|
|Style||All one piece||All in two (Cover, snap in insert and a booster)||All in two (Cover and a single long foldable insert)||Fitted nappy. Requires cover for waterproofing.|
|Absorbency Material||Bamboo/Microfibre||100% Bamboo fabrics||100% Bamboo Fabrics||
100% Bamboo Fabrics
|Stay Dry liner||Yes- Microsuede||Yes- Microsuede||Yes- Microsuede||No. Bamboo velour lining.|
|Easiest to use||x
All one piece with no assembly
|Flexibility in use||Least flexible. The absorbency is completely sewn in, so you can not remove it. This can make it bulkier on little babies.||Our MOST flexible nappy. You can use just the snap in insert, you can use just the booster (for new babies), You can use both the booster and snap in for larger babies. This nappy has a pocket making it the most suitable for boosting at night times.||The absorbency in this nappy is a foldable insert. You can therefore fold the absorbency to be where you need it most. The design of the snaps also allows you to pull the waist in tighter then the legs helping reduce tummy gaping.||Fitted can be used with or without a cover (cover needed to make waterproof). On small babies it can be used without the insert. Extra absorbency can easily be added for night use.|